Monday 23 February 2015

Pleasure is a Gift; Pain is a Treasure



Many have the power to gift you joy.
The power to cause pain is the privilege of few.
The Chosen.

Is it a wonder then -
That I prize it over everything you’ve ever given?
For something I will never use – it really is far too dear!

If it belonged to someone else in the past – even that is too much to bear!
Impossible to share.
Every pang of loss you feel for the dead, is a live stab in my heart.
The broken fragments of your past leave scratches on my being.

Ghosts may not be real; but they are evidence of what once lived.
I can exorcise the ghost, but who can wipe the lifetime?
Every living moment is shrouded by the memory of the dead.

For those who feel passion – every passion is exclusive.
It will always be all or nothing.
You may find this odd – unacceptable even.
But the sense of your longing incompletes my belonging.

No comments:

Post a Comment